2014 advice

Back to the Base

13:46Katie Ennis

How can I create the perfect base? I have been asking myself this question for a while now and as I was a bridesmaid at the end of last month I have honed my products to tell you the best combination for a flawless start to a make up look.

The key aspects for me are making sure my skin is moisturized, hydrated, smooth and radiant. This then lets the skin shine through the makeup and allows for the application to be even and seamless.

These are the four products I have found to be the most effective. 


1. Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Facial Serum £24.99 -



This serum is amazing, it has a pure form of hyaluronic acid which can hold 1,000 times its weight in water, this means that it makes your moisturiser go way further, leaving a hydrated feeling for longer. The clear gel like consistency smooths on to the skin and only a small amount is needed to cover the whole face.

2. Simple Kind to Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser £3.99 -


This cheap and cheerful product has been a favourite of mine for a long time, it has an easy to apply consistency and doesn't cause my skin to breakout, also, it helps to control my dry patches. This helps to make my skin feel fresh and smooth as it sinks in effortlessly on top of the serum. 

3. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm £29.00 - 


This product is the Queen of delivering a radiant glow. It gives a smooth flawless finish and makes you look fresh and awake, with the peachy undertone helping to blur any dull skin and fine lines. This product is applied after the moisturiser has dried, in a thin layer, acting as a primer before the make up, making the make up last much longer and creating a more luminous and glowing final make up look. 

4. Benefit Porefessional £24.50 (full size) 


This is a beauty favourite, it minimizes the appearance of pores and makes the skin feel so smooth! I have about 6 tester tubes, hence the tiny size! All I need is a small amount to run across the nose and the top of the cheeks to make the pores smaller to allow the highlighting to be perfect with out accentuating any flaws. 

These four products work so well together and they feel light and comfortable on the skin, this is a picture of me on the day of the wedding! 


I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Please follow if you did! 
This is the link to Bloglovin - http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5736549 

I am also on Instagram - katieennis93 and Twitter - katieennis93

Love Katie 
xxx 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form